Good food at Gudrun
Fresh, fine, and green – that’s how you could describe the cuisine at Gudrun. Whatever the surroundings and the season have to offer will be on the menu. At dinner, Gudrun emphasises diverse, lovingly arranged dishes from South Tyrolean cuisine. Host and kitchen rock star Martin likes to use age-old recipes from Gudrun’s cookbook, which have (unjustly!) almost been forgotten. When and where possible, we cook with organic products from local farmers.
We rely on our region!
So much good food grows and thrives in our homeland. We appreciate this and cook mainly with ingredients from our hard-working neighbours: lettuce and vegetables from the Lenzhof farm in Pflersch, herbal teas from the Botenhof farm in Pflersch, free-range eggs and jams from the Marginterhof farm in Gossensass, and so on. So help yourself – supplies from our regional producers arrive fresh every day!
Breakfast for champions
- Freshly baked bread from Mayr bakery in Gossensass
- Free-range eggs from Marginterhof in Gossensass
- Mountain honey
- Fresh cheese and sausage platters
- Fresh fruit and vegetables from Lenzenhof in Pflersch
- Milk, cheese, and yoghurt made from hay milk (Milchhof Sterzing)
- South Tyrolean jam
- Various types of muesli
- Fine Italian coffee
- A variety of juices
- Herbs, syrups, and selected teas (Pompadour tea and herbal tea from the bar)
And other things too
- In the afternoon, there’s freshly baked cake and coffee (for a fee).
- Depending on the season, weather, and number of participants, we invite you to Pfeifer Huisele, Gudrun’s own Alpine hut once a week. There, we either enjoy a warm fondue evening or barbecue (from 2022) in the sunshine with a magnificent mountain view – join us!
- At Gudrun’s relaxed hotel bar, we’ll spoil you with various cocktails, wine, beer, and non-alcoholic drinks. As a welcome gift, you’ll receive a voucher for an aperitif.
Gudrun is flexible! If you wish, we can cook vegan, gluten-free, and for allergy sufferers. Just let us know shortly before your holiday or when you arrive.