Exploring South Tyrol and the Alps
There’s so much to do around Gudrun!
South Tyrol and the Alpine region can easily be explored from Gudrun because our hotel is right in the middle of the Alps with perfect connections to train, bus, and the Brenner A22 motorway. At the same time, there’s definitely a lot going on locally! At Gudrun, you have the choice: would you like to start hiking right from our front door? Would you prefer to walk and bike in Gossensass or would you rather use your car or your free train ticket to explore South Tyrol? Why not both? Try one way today and another tomorrow. Gudrun will make sure that you take unforgettable experiences home with you. It’s time to explore!
Gudrun’s explorer map
When arriving at Gudrun, every guest receives our very own South Tyrol explorer map, a kind of bucket list for South Tyrol and the Alps, where we’ve marked and described the most beautiful spots and little insider tips for you. From untouched Alpine pastures and abandoned hiking trails to the most popular Instagram spots in the area to fashion shops, events, bars, and cultural curiosities: Gudrun shows you South Tyrol’s must-sees and exciting destinations that that only locals know. Everything is easy to reach by train, car, or even on foot. And for even more information, Gudrun reveals the latest tips and tricks in our blog as well. Check it out!
Here’s a little taste of what you can explore here:
- Lago di Braies/Pragser Wildsee: The pearl of the Dolomite lakes, shimmering in green and blue. And in the background? The pale mountains of the Dolomites – what a dream!
- Tre Cime/Drei Zinnen are an absolute hiking classic in the Dolomites in the middle of the Sexten Dolomites – the logo and landmark of the Dolomites UNESCO World Heritage.
- Alpe di Siusi/Seiseralm is the largest high-Alpine pasture in Europe. It’s a magical place whether you hike, walk, cycle, or horse ride as everything is beautiful here. Pack your trainers and let’s go!
- Val Gardena/Gröden: The quintessential valley of the Dolomites. Here, the landscape outdoes itself with overwhelming natural phenomena and bizarre peaks – you simply have to experience it!
So, those were the most popular and famous destinations. In our blog, we’ll let you in on two new, real insider tips every month that are (at least) just as beautiful!
Gudrun loves families!
Families will find a true paradise at Gudrun. A large terrace, the spacious lawn, table tennis, trampoline, and the slide make your children’s eyes sparkle. In rainy weather, the little ones can work off their energy in the new children’s playroom or in the indoor swimming pool. The nearby surroundings around our hotel in Gossensass also include some family attractions, such as the mountain cart track in the Ladurns hiking area and the adventure trail “On the trail of water”.
Weekly programme in summer and winter
- Monday: Train & Wine
- Tuesday: guided e-bike tour
- Wednesday: sunrise hike on Monte Cavallo/Rosskopf
- Wednesday: hike with the host family
- Thursday: guided Alpine pasture hike
- Friday: experience at the herb farm
- Once a week, depending on the weather: barbecue lunch (from 2022)
- 3 ski resorts (Ladurns, Monte Cavallo/Rosskopf, and Racines-Giovo/Ratschings-Jaufen), all of which are reachable in no time by car or ski bus (150m from Gudrun).
- Once a week: guided snowshoe hike
- Once a week: torchlit hike with mulled wine and campfire in the garden
- Upon request: ice curling